POSITION: Library Assistant (part-time weekend)
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Learning Resources Center (Library)
WORK SCHEDULE: 8 hours per week | includes Friday evenings, 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm and Saturday 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
SALARY: Competitive Hourly Rate
REPORTS TO: Library Director | Immediate Supervisor: Coordinator of Access, Research, and Instruction
- Associate degree or higher
- Public service experience
- Familiarity using a computer/keyboard
- Record of promptness and job reliability
- Clear and effective oral communication
- Good rapport with people
- Ability to exercise sound judgement
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, and move from one area to another in performance of job functions.
The Library Assistant will be visible and available to students, faculty, and visitors at the College Library information service desk and perform routine library functions.
- Assists library users from the library’s information service desk and within the library environment.
- Assists library users in the use of printers, photocopiers, and scanners.
- Monitors the library to ensure a quiet study environment.
- Records daily usage data.
- Answers the office telephone.
- Complies with the College policies and procedures and that of the Learning Resources Center.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Training will be provided, as needed, to ensure familiarity with library operations and office equipment.
Qualified applicants are required to submit a Benedict College Application for employment, résumé, official transcripts, and three letters of reference to:
Office of Human Resources
Attention: Learning Resources Center (Library)
1600 Harden Street
Columbia, SC 29204
Position is open immediately
To apply for this job please visit benedict.edu.