Print | Copy | Scan
Students may print documents FREE that support class assignments and those that are directly related to academic research for a course from the library’s Computer Research Center (CRC). However, course syllabi and lab worksheets are not to be printed; students are to download these documents to drop boxes. Students can use the printer within the Computer Research Center (CRC), which is adjacent to the information service desk, to release and pick-up printed documents sent to ‘BC Anywhere’ for printing. A photocopier/scanner machine is also conveniently located near the library’s information service desk.
- Printing is available on the main (plaza) level of Learning Resources Center
- Black & white prints only
- Printing is FREE to students, faculty, and staff at the College
Please think before you print and consider these tips to help conserve resources and reduce paper waste.
Smart Printing Tips:
- Correct errors before printing. Spell check and use “print preview” to identify editing and formatting problems.
- When printing from a web browser, use “print preview” to see how the page will be laid out. Print only the selection of pages that you need.
- When PowerPoint printing, print handouts instead of slides. You can print up to 9 slides per page. Make this selection on the Print dialog box.
- Avoid printing emails to simply read them. If you must print multiple emails, cut and past them into a single MS Word file.
- Share documents electronically using Google Docs or email.
Microfiche/microfilm reader and printers are available on the main (plaza) level.
The Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy of other reproductions. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of the copyright law.
The library, an intrinsic part of Benedict College, observes certain holidays. Inquiries as to holidays observed may be made by calling the library in advance at (803) 705-4301; (803) 705-4364 or by checking the posting of hours in the building’s lobby.