JOB TITLE: ADMISSIONS RECRUITER AND COUNSELOR
DIVISION: STUDENT AFFAIRS
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS AND RECRUITMENT
DEPARTMENT: OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS AND RECRUITMENT
BASIC FUNCTIONS: Under the general supervision of the Director of Admissions and Recruitment, this position, highly integral to the continued growth and vibrancy of the institution, will administer all aspects of the college search and admissions process with prospective high school and transfer students. The ideal candidate will possess positive energy, exceptional communication skills, creativity, and enthusiasm for a faith-based educational environment. The position manages a recruitment territory by contacting, visiting, and informing prospective students about Benedict College’s programs, culture, mission, and life on campus. The position assures that enrollment goals are met regarding applications, acceptances, and enrolled students. Overnight travel, weekend recruitment, and phoning are required.
The individual in this position must function in accordance with the philosophy and mission of the College.
- Serves as a member of the Admissions team and manages a recruitment territory and/or population; recruits, contacts, visits, and informs prospective high school and transfer students about Benedict College’s programs, culture, mission, and life on campus
- Responsible for administering all aspects of the college search and admissions process including financial aid to prospective students
- Initiates contact with students, parents, counselors, teachers and communicates specifics about the academic programs offered by Benedict College
- Reviews and processes admissions applications, and evaluates transcripts and certificates
- Assists with maintaining
- Ensures that recruitment goals are met regarding applications acceptances, and enrolled students.
- Maintains current knowledge of Benedict College’s academic, spiritual, recreational, social, extra-curricular, and financial aid programs and communicates this information to prospective students
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to develop and implement specific recruitment projects and manage tasks as assigned
- Ability to maintain a steady flow of communication via email, traditional mail, social media, and phone calls with prospective students to establish and maintain a relationship between the student and Benedict College
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and travel in-state and out-of-state
- Ability to assist with maintenance and development of social media platforms for Admissions and Recruitment
- Ability to complete routine reports related to recruitment, projections, conversions, personal schedule, travel, special programs, and/or expense reports
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
To apply for this job please visit benedict.edu.