SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Director of Career Development
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Career Development
BASIC FUNCTIONS: Part-time position responsible for office administration by completing basic office tasks for the unit including preparation of requisitions and reports, data input and travel coordination. Provides coordination of calendars for in-person and virtual meetings, workshop planning, preparation, set up, break down, registration, and reporting; and performs related work as required.
- Coordinates projects independently as directed, meeting deadlines, and follows up on assignments with minimum direction. Provides support for the center’s program efforts with minimal required follow-up.
- Performs technical support work which requires the exercise of independent judgment, and the application of technical skills.
- Maintains budgets for the assigned organizational area, including tracking expenditures, and ensuring the center remains within approved budget allocations.
- Manages office administrative and procedural inquiries as directed including travel arrangements.
- General support of the mission of the Benedict College Career and Service-Learning Center by performing other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess a proficient level of oral, verbal, and written communication skills to effectively coordinate with internal and external sources, and strong human relations skills. Exceptional teammate.
- Must be detailed oriented and maintain confidentiality and a high level of punctuality and reliability.
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy to meet expected deadlines without follow-up.
- Ability to handle and manage a variety of detailed and complex tasks quickly and with a high degree of accuracy; organize and prioritize tasks appropriately; work both independently and as a team member with diverse individuals.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years of professional, office experience in higher education, business, or related.
- Social Media skills, as well as basic web maintenance and development skills.
- Strong computer, and technology skills, and comfort with Microsoft Suite.
- Proficient skills in all facets of office management including basic budgeting theories and principles.
- Goal-oriented, self-starter who is detail-oriented.
- Successful background check is required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience or knowledge in program development, workforce, and career development, presentation skills.
To apply for this job please visit benedict.edu.